Skip to main content

Cody's On the Go Bag Holder Keychain


Cody's On the Go Bag Holder Keychain
by
Cre8WithAngela


We recently adopted a puppy and need all things dog.  We have the food, the leash, the bones, the treats...in comes the infamous "doggie bags".  You know, the ones you haul around to clean up after your dog.  They come in those cute little rolls.  And so you need a container for those cute little rolls.  On a clip.  So that you can clip them to...the leash...the backpack...your keychain...(and what else)?  Well I'm thrifty and crafty and forgetful.  So I need at least three of these bag holders (I will never remember to move them from one place to the other).  

I set out to see if there was a crochet pattern for these since it is a smaller project and shouldn't take much time to make them.  Now I didn't dig deep in my search however the ones that I found didn't suit my particular needs therefore I set out to design my own.  Personally, I wanted a cotton bag holder with a drawstring on a keychain.  I have dog owning friends who questioned the drawstring on the top however my whole family uses these bag holders without issue.  We love these bag holders and now I'm sharing my pattern with you. 

Materials:
5 mm hook
Worsted weight yarn (4) - I chose to use I Love This Cotton by Hobby Lobby
Yarn needle
Scissors
(1) Lanyard Hook *
(1) Split Ring (keychain ring) *
* I found both of these in a package of "Assorted Colorful Findings" at Hobby Lobby *or* WalMart

Stitches:
Chain
Slip Stitch (to join)
HDC = Half Double Crochet
BLO = Back Loop Only

Directions:
For bag:
1) Chain 4, slip stitch into 1st chain creating a circle, chain 1
2) HDC 6 in the middle of the circle, slip stitch to 1st HDC to join, chain 1 (6)
3) 2 HDC in each stitch, slip stitch to 1st HDC to join, chain 1 (12)
4) HDC in BLO in each stitch, slip stitch to 1st HDC to join, chain 1 (12) [you are creating the bottom seam of the bag by stitching in the BLO for this row only]
5 - 13) HDC in each stitch, slip stitch to 1st HDC to join, chain 1 (12)
Tie off and weave in ends

For drawstring:
Chain 60, tie off, weave in ends if desired.  Use a yarn needle to weave the drawstring through in the 12th row, leaving row 13 to be the part that will be cinched when it is closed (see diagram 1).

For keychain:
Take the lanyard hook and split ring (see diagram 2).  Feed the lanyard hook under one HDC in row 11 (see diagram 3).  Thread one HDC into lanyard hook and secure it in the small part of the hook (see diagram 4).  Latch the lanyard hook onto the split ring (see diagram 5).

Enjoy!

Diagrams:


Diagram 1: Use a yarn needle to weave the drawstring through in the 12th row.


Diagram 2: Lanyard hook and split ring


Diagram 3: Feed the lanyard hook under one HDC in row 11.


Diagram 4: Thread one HDC into lanyard hook and secure it in the small part of the hook.


Diagram 5: Latch the lanyard hook onto the split ring.

Permissions:
* Make these for yourself, for friends, for family, for sale to others - just please remember to credit Cre8WithAngela as the designer.
* Feel free to share my pattern through my link.  Please do not cut and paste or re-write it as if it were your own. 
* Please do not utilize my personal pictures as if they were your own; if you share them please leave them in this link.

Follow me:
IG: Cre8WithAngela
Ravelry: Cre8WithAngela
Pinterest: Cre8WithAngela
Subscribe: Cre8WithAngela.blogspot.com








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Blues Slouchy Beanie

Winter Blues Slouchy Beanie   by Cre8WithAngela So sure, the calendar says that it is spring outside....yet my Minnesota friends are still getting snow!   I've been searching for a perfect slouchy beanie for a while now, and decided to design one of my own.  While I was in the process of designing this beanie, I decided to grab a bunch of my blue yarn remnants that were just sitting around.  Not only is blue my favorite color, but also the way many of my winter weary friends are feeling - thus was born the Winter Blues Slouchy Beanie.  (Note: You will also see pictures of a second hat I made utilizing this pattern - I was curious to see how it worked in variagated yarn.  If you want to make this hat in a solid color or in a variagated color, just ignore the directions that call for a color change and you will still get an awesome slouchy beanie!) Supplies Needed : * H hook (5.00 mm) * Worsted weight yarn (4) in five different colors or five shades of o

Don't Give Up - Level Up!

A little over two years ago, I decided to try to crochet. I had spent that whole first year struggling through a blanket in a made up stitch I concocted. Then a little over one year ago, I was still struggling to crochet. I couldn't read a pattern and had to remind myself of how to do each stitch with pretty much every stitch. Is there a level below beginner? That was me. Despite my newness to crocheting, there was something about being able to crochet that meant so much to me. It wasn't a familial thing - my mother knit. I think perhaps it was the challenge of learning something new. We spend our youthful years learning and gleaning both inside and out of the classroom; as we age it is easy to lose sight of how important it is to keep learning. Yes, I think perhaps that is it. I like a good challenge and I like the self expression that crafting allows me. In this last year I have gone from fumbling with the pages of my how-to crochet books to designing my own creations. Just b